- All the books are affixed to RFID tags for unique identification which will be issued to all the students and the staff members.
- OPAC is used to check the location and the availability of books journals, eBooks, DVDs, etc.
- Self Check-out Kiosk is installed for issuing books.
- Return of books is made easier around the clock through the drop box placed outside the library.
- Electronic Security Gates are installed to detect unauthorized books.
- This automated system registers each transaction based on item and member's ID. If the book is not returned before the due date, penalty shall be applied to the member.
- Do not tamper or mutilate RFID label as it contains book records. If the label gets damaged, the return of the book will not be authorized and the user has to pay Rs. 500/- as a fine.
- The books borrowed must be returned on the due date. For failure to return on due date, fine will be levied as follows:
- For first day Rs.5/-
From second day onwards Re.1/- per day is to be paid additionally.
- If books, back volumes, CD ROMs and Audio Cassettes are not returned on or before the due date, a penalty at the rate of Rs.5/- for the first day and Re.1/- per day for additional day(s), is collected from the students.
- Renewal is also allowed if the particular book is not reserved by others. The borrower can renew the books online by logging in CAMPS software.
- Before borrowing the books, students must ensure that the book is in good condition and pages are intact.
- Defects must be brought to the notice of the Librarian. Otherwise, the borrower is liable to be held responsible.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining or scribbling notes in the margins, etc. All the users are required to protect the library books against wanton and willful damage, mutilation, theft and other malpractices.
- Loss of books issued, if any, should be reported to the Librarian immediately.
- If the borrower is unable to replace the lost book by another good copy, the user has to pay the current fees of the book in double along with overdue charges.
- Journals, Magazines and Project Reports will not be issued.
- Personal books and files should be left on the rack at the entrance of library. Plain sheets may be taken instead.
- Students are advised not to keep their valuable things like calculator, wallet, etc. in the property counter. Library authorities are not responsible for any loss of such items.
- Silence is to be maintained in the library. Those who violate this are first warned and then they are asked to leave the library.
|Books & Back Volume||UG||PG||Research Scholar||Teaching||Non-Teaching|
|Duration||14 Days||30 Days|
|CDROMs and Audio / Video Cassettes||Over-night issue only|