1. Dr. A. Selvakumar has been awarded as Mentor - 2016 (National Level) by Dr. Kalam Educational Trust, Chennai In recognition of outstanding contribution to the promotion of scientific knowledge and skill for the development of student community.
2. Mr. E. Tholkapiyan got Runner-up for 6th National Award for Technology Innovation for the topic “Development of Novel Fabric Using Wasted Banana Stems” in the category of “Innovation In Polymer Waste Management & Recycling Technology And Green Polymeric Materials & Products” - 2016.
3. Dr. D. Saravanan got ISTE-UP Government Award for Outstanding Contribution in the field of Textile Technology - 2013.
4.Dr D Saravanan has been appointed as the Member, Board of Studies of Textile Technology, Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore 2009-2012.
5. Dr D Saravanan has been appointed as the Member, Board of Studies of Textile Technology, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore 2009-2011.
6. Dr.A.Venkatachalam, has chaired a session and attended the Valedictory function in the International Conference on Advances in textile, Machinery, Non-wovens & Technical Textiles at Avinashilingam Deemed University (For Women), Coimbatore on 16.07.2008.
7. Dr A Venkatachalam participated in the Panel Discussion on Value Added Fibrous and Textile Materials in Global Scenario in the International Conference on Performance wear and Functional Textiles, PSG College of Technology during 24 - 25 July 2008.
8. Dr.A.Venkatachalam, attended the NCUTE advisory committee meeting at Sadar Vallabhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, Coimbatore during May 2008.
9. Dr.A.Venkatachalam was appointed as staff selection committee member by PSG college of Technology Coimbatore and the interview was conducted on 30.03.08.
10. Dr.A.Venkatachalam was appointed as a R&D recognition Inspection committee convener by Anna University, Coimbatore for KSR College of Technology and visited on 28.03.08.
11. Dr. A. Venkatachalam, Visited National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad on 04.01.08, to initiate a tie-up between NID and BIT in the area of ‘Design’ to explore the possibility of collaborative programmes.
12. Dr.A.Venkatachalam has been nominated as the Member of the Board of Studies, Faculty of Textile Technology, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore for 2007-2008.
13. Dr.A.Venkatachalam has been nominated as the Member of the Board of Studies, Faculty of Textile Technology, Anna University, Coimbatore for 2007-2008.
14. Dr.A.Venkatachalam & Dr.T.Sivasankaran Visited Army Regiment Garement unit, Avadi (Chennai) on 11.12.07 to identify the opportunities for carrying out projects related to Defence Textiles.
15. Dr.A.Venketachalam, attended the interactive session with Director, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, on “INDIA â€“EU Free Trade Agreement” organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), on 28 November 2007.
16. Dr. D. Saravanan has been identified as Reviewer by Fibers and Polymers, South Korea and reviewed technical papers.
17. Dr. D. Saravanan has been identified as Reviewer by The Journal of the Industrial Textiles and Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, USA and reviewed technical papers.
18. Dr. D. Saravanan has been identified as Reviewer by The Journal Natural Products and Resources, New Delhi and reviewed technical papers.
19. Dr. D. Saravanan has been identified as Reviewer by Journal of Applied Polymer Science, USA and reviewed technical papers.